Hawksford is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Hawksford treats all matters relating to personal data with the utmost importance and aims to strictly comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA).
Any information or material sent to Hawksford via this website will be handled in a manner consistent with legal and regulatory requirements.
Data Protection Officer
Hawksford has two data protection officers, one located in Jersey and one located in Singapore. If your query relates to data protection legislation in Singapore or Hong Kong or your rights, please contact this data protection officer:
Name: Mr Kishan Singh
Postal address: Hawksford, 16 Raffles Quay #33-02, Hong Leong Building, Singapore 048581
Telephone number: +65 6222 7445
For more information about the PDPA generally, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at www.pdpc.gov.sg.
Hawksford adheres to Data Protection Policies which provide more information about how Hawksford collect, use or disclose your personal data. If you would like a copy or have any enquiries relating to personal data, or if you would like to stop receiving promotional or marketing messages please contact the Data Protection Officer on the contact details given above.
If your query relates to data protection legislation in Jersey or the European Union or your rights, please contact this data protection officer:
Postal address: Hawksford House, 15 Esplanade. St Helier, Jersey JE1 1RB
Telephone number: +44 1534 740367
Information we collect from you
The main purposes for which your personal data is collected, used or disclosed by Hawksford, its affiliates and our service providers in Singapore include providing you with our products and services, managing your subscriptions, renewals and your account, processing payments, addressing questions and feedback, improving our products and services, as well as where permitted under law, sending you marketing and promotional offers on products and services, and personalised content and advertising based on your preferences or demographics.
In addition, if you have registered your telephone number with the national Do Not Call (DNC) registry, we will not send you promotional and marketing messages via your telephone, unless you have provided Hawksford consent to do so.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you have provided to us by filling in forms on www.hawksford.com, www.guidemesingapore.com or www.guidemehongkong.com (our websites) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee nor do we accept any liability whatsoever for the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The law gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the law. If you have signed up to receive updates or marketing material and no longer wish to receive such material please use the ‘unsubscribe’ in the links we provide. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Access to information
The law gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the law.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences and interests (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and any marketing displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
All cookies persist until deleted but session cookies expire when you close your browser.