Renouncing Singapore Permanent Residence
You can cancel your Singapore permanent residence (PR) if your re-entry permit is still valid and you have decided to renounce your PR status for whatever reason. The following documents will be required:
- Your original passport (Please place a tab or post-it on the page with your current, valid REP, for our cancellation)
- Your PR card, i.e. NRIC
- Photocopy of your passport pages showing name, date of birth, passport number, passport issue date, passport expiry date
- Original Certificate of Identity, if you were issued one
- Original REP card, if you were issued one
- Malaysian Restricted Passport, if you were issued one
- A letter addressed to Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) of Singapore stating:
- That you wish to renounce your Singapore Permanent Residence;
- Your request for a letter stating that you are no longer a PR of Singapore;
- Include your complete contact details: address, phone and office numbers, and email address, for ease of communication
- Any other relevant documents issued to you by the Singapore Government agencies such as ICA, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Manpower, etc.
- Return Self-addressed, stamped USPS (US Post Office) EXPRESS MAIL envelope for the return of your passport to you.
If you are in Singapore, you can visit ICA office and renounce your PR. If you are overseas, you can usually visit the nearest Singapore embassy/consulate or courier them the required documents for processing. Double-check with the embassy/consulate of Singapore in your jurisdiction for their exact procedure & requirements. There is no fee charged for cancellation of your Singapore PR. Once your documents are processed, the ICA in Singapore will send you a letter confirming that you are no longer a permanent resident of Singapore.
After your permanent residence status has been canceled, you may withdraw your CPF balance in full, if you have left Singapore and West Malaysia permanently with no intention of returning to either country for employment or residence.
To apply in person:
- Please submit the complete Application to Withdraw CPF on Ground of Leaving Singapore and West Malaysia Permanently (Form CPF-LM) with the original supporting documents at any of our CPF Service Centres.
To apply by post:
- Have the completed Application to Withdraw CPF on Ground of Leaving Singapore and West Malaysia Permanently (Form CPF-LM) witnessed by an official from a Singapore Overseas Mission with his official seal/stamp duly affixed; and
- Have photocopies of the relevant supporting documents (as stated on the application form) certified by an official from a Singapore Overseas Mission with his official seal/stamp duly affixed.
- Mail the documents to:
Central Provident Fund Board
Withdrawal Schemes Department (WSD)
238B Thomson Road
#08-00 Tower B Novena Square
Please note that upon approval of your application, your CPF savings or part thereof will be forwarded to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) to settle your tax liabilities (if any).